Activities and surrounding attractions
- Florence: 30 km, city of arts and cradle of the Italian language
- Sienna: 38 km, one of the finest artistic cities and the venue of the Palio special horse-race
- Volterra: 30 km, the stronghold of the Etruscans
- San Gimignano: 20 km, the Tuscan "Manhattan" of the Middle Ages
- Monteriggioni: 25 Km, medieval town famous for the round city walls.
- Badia a Passignano: 12 Km, Old monastery from the VI Century
- Greve in Chianti: 20 Km, the heart of Chianti.
- Certaldo: 15 Km, beautiful medieval town, home of Boccaccio and the Mercantia Festival.
- Colle Val d'Elsa: 18 Km, famous for its Chrystal manufacture. - Pisa: 75 km, after Florence the most important city of Tuscany
- Arezzo: 100Km, artistic city known for the antique market.
- Lucca: 100 km, well known for its villas and old city walls as well as for the sarcophagus of Ilaria Carretto.
- Bikers, horse riders and hikers are also well catered for since Tavarnelle Val di Pesa has 7 different Trekking Paths.
- The still unspoilt hilly areas offer many and varied excursions through vineyards and olive groves. Our estate alone consists of 20 ha of vineyard and 20 of olive groves
- The nearest golf club is 20 km away.
- In Tavarnelle Val di Pesa there is a Hot air Balloon starting point, if you would like to see the Chianti region from a different point of view.
- Who likes to cook can participate at cooking and fresh pasta making classes.
- Arezzo: every 1st Sunday of the month and the preceding Saturday
- Lucca: every 3rd Sunday of the month and the preceding Saturday
- Florence: every last Sunday of the month
Stores and shops
It takes 10 minutes by foot to reach Tavarnelle Val di Pesa and Barberino Val d'Elsa, where you can find a supermarket and various small stores where you can buy everything you need for your cooking. If you don't want to cook yourself there are many restaurants, pizzerias and bars with delicious Tuscan dishes. Pharmacies and laundry places are also very close.
Concerts, operas, cinemas
A wide variety of activities take place in summer in Florence and Siena, and also in Tavarnelle and surrounding villages. We have programs for theatres and concerts, or cultural and folklore events you might plan to visit.